Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I'm Thankful

Day 41: Wednesday.

This has made it hard to see the good but I know that it is there and so I will find it and embrace it.

I am thankful, as always, for 3 healthy babies. My heart swells when I think of how blessed I am as a mother.

We have made it almost 6 weeks into this mess and I am thankful for the strength the Lord gives me to carry on. The night that he came home and told me I was all but ok. I did not know how I would ever get out of bed again, much less, go on. With the Lord's help and guidance, I managed 4 days later to give us another chance.

I am so thankful for that.

I am so thankful that we are celebrating this Thanksgiving together, as a couple, as a family. I am so thankful that my husband has come clean and let me choose us again. Choose us with open eyes. I am thankful that he did not just walk away due to his mistakes, shame, humiliation, pain... I am thankful that he gave us another chance.

I am thankful that my babies have a great father. The amount of love that he has for them is enough to know that I picked a good Daddy for my babies.

I am thankful that he is committed to the hard work that now must be done to make us happy again. I am thankful that he has not backed down despite some very long nights. He has been here, present, since that night that he came home and came clean with me. He has been here since that night when he told me he wanted "us" to work. He has been here.

I am thankful that he has been a much better husband since he's come back to me. He has been more doting, more attentive, more patient, more kind, more understanding, more open, more protective...more for me than he was before.

I am thankful that, throughout this ordeal, I have somehow had the wisdom to know that we are still in this together. That we are a team. This alone has allowed me to move forward with dignity.

I am thankful that this Thanksgiving we are a blessed family of 5 living in an amazing country where we want for nothing. 


324 days. I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment