Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My Birthday

Day 152: It's official. I'm twenty-seven.

I was born at 3:01am on March 15, 1984. I was fifteen days late but my mother let me come on my own time.

Today was a good day. My husband woke me up and said that he was sorry that he let me sleep so long (I've been asking him not to let me sleep all morning) but that he had to get some things ready. I came out and there were sweet, sweet cards that he and the babies made for me. Then I went on a scavenger hunt with clues. At the end I had collected ten letters that I had to unscramble. It read, "Stand Mixer". I'm so excited!!!

After realizing that he didn't actually buy me one but that it was him telling me to find one that I like and to get it (he knows how much I like a good deal and I'll probably be able to find one online) I got to dreaming about what I want. This is such a sweet gift. Something that I've wanted for a long time. I bake a lot and with three little ones this will certainly help!

A little bit later my toddlers ran in to the living room to tell me to "come look". I walked down to hall to see the cutest little birthday cake that my husband got me. An ice cream cake. They sang to me and then we all enjoyed the cake. It was so good.

He left for work after giving me a lovely morning. I love him. He really makes me feel special.

In a little bit we'll watch one of my favorite guilty pleasure shows and then go to bed.

213 days. Getting close to a day of good memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment