Friday, March 11, 2011

Birthday Date

Day 148: "I want to buy you something... to help you feel better. Any suggestions?"

After my husband said this to me the other night. I quickly responded with, ""Just a gift or something to actually make me feel better?" 

I told a few friends what he said and these were two of the responses:

Can I marry your husband? That's so sweet. My husband never thinks of stuff like that.
and

I lurve [him]. Can he write a tip sheet for all the husbands?

I feel so blessed. I feel SO blessed. So blessed that when he is on his game he is really doing a great job. It also feels like a knife to the heart. I have no idea if any of these friends of mine have or are suffering through infidelity and even though I think I am hiding it from them pretty well I am going to stay positive and say that they probably aren't. What I wouldn't give to be in their shoes. To live a mediocre life instead of a GREAT one because of this. Ya know?

I know that is sad -- to wish for a life of mediocrity -- but it's really how I feel. 

Tomorrow he is taking me out for my birthday. I'm excited. Really excited! We haven't been out together without the toddlers for my birthday ever. This should be really fun. I am really, really going to try to let him treat me. I'm not always a very gracious guest.

217 days. Looking forward to tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday!
    I hope you had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete