Thursday, February 24, 2011

Someday

Day 133: Valentine's Day.

Seven years ago was the day that he stepped off the plane into Paradise and greeted me with our first kiss. After three long years of being best friends and a few weeks of waiting for him to get there we finally were together. It was incredible.

He's given me a lot of great gifts over the years and today was one of the very best. Our friend sent us "the little box of i love you" -- a collection of 40 postcards with sweet and sappy sayings on them to go with pictures. Over the past six weeks he has been writing to me on them. They are amazing. A lot of them made me laugh and a few made me cry but all of them made me feel his love. I reread them tonight and I am blown away at the honesty and sincerity that he conveyed.

I'm happy.

To: The woman that I am putting back together -- piece by piece.

Someday.
Someday the hurt will fade.
Someday you will be more confident that I love you with all of my heart than of anything else.
Someday you will completely trust me again.
Someday I will have earned all of this.
Someday,
[Your Husband]

There are a handful of them that have this ring to them. They are the ones that make me cry because they reveal his heart. His heart that is hurting but longs more than anything to just love me.

232 days. I feel loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment